Thursday, May 10, 2012

Taking Life One Day at a Time

“But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work
 assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the
Good News about the wonderful grace of God.”  
Acts (NLT)
We have been looking at the disciplined life as it reveals a life of love.
Today we are reminded that you discipline your life
by living for Gods’ purposes and not your own.
Do you know you have an assigned work to do?
God knew you long before you were born.
He did not bring you into the world so you could go through life aimlessly.
 Your life has purpose and meaning.
Your highest purpose is found in living out His plans for you.
Paul said it best when he declared: “…my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus…”
Have you disciplined yourself to seek God for His assignment for you life?
Do you greet each new day determined to fulfill His purposes throughout the day or is your own agenda all that matters to you?
My life, and yours, isn’t lived all at once; instead it is lived one moment at a time. 
I think we sometimes look at the rest of our lives and become concerned that we cannot complete the assignments of God.
If that is you – here is a bit of a reprieve – don’t live the rest of your life today!
Ask God for the grace, the strength and the wisdom to fulfill His purposes today.
Tomorrow will be waiting when you get up the next morning.
His grace and mercy will not have been exhausted on you today.
He will meet you today and He will meet you tomorrow.
Walk in obedience with Him today.
Do the same thing tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the…

No comments: