Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Point of Power

“With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.”
Acts


Do you believe the following statement?
“Living for God’s priorities will produce power in your life!”

If that statement is true, and I would hold that it is, then power would be evident in the lives of those who have made God’s priorities their own.
On a personal level this can certainly be a challenging
proposition to consider, wouldn’t you say?
If I were to question why God’s power is not as evident in my life as it ought to be, then certainly a good place to begin is by re-examining what is important to me.
After all, the values we hold will drive the priorities of our life.
So valuing God and His kingdom, making that my top priority,
equips me – it powers and propels me – into the work He has called me to do.
If I tell others that His kingdom is more important than anything else in my life –
His power should be evident to back up that statement.   
And if I am speaking the truth, it will be!
In other words power has a point in the life of an obedient Christian.
Its’ point is not personal prestige or proud posturing.
The point of the power of God working in my life, or yours, is simply this
– advancing His Kingdom in the earth.

No comments: