Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quick Disconnect Christians

 “…If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit;
 apart from me you can do nothing.”
John 15:5


Some connections are easy and some are more difficult.
To facilitate a rapid change-over there are some air, hydraulic and other liquid transfer devices that use something called a ‘quick disconnect.’
 Instead of going through the laborious process of unscrewing a connection and then screwing it back together the connection is made with a simple and quick pull back and snap motion.
Yesterday, in this blog, we talked about the need to remain in the love of Jesus.
In other words we stay connected to Him.
Through that connection, as the scriptures declare, we live and move and have our being.
But too often we vacillate back and forth between our love for God and love for the world.
When we do this we fail to remain in His love.
We fail to remain connected to the source.
It is as if we were fitted with a quick disconnect.
If its’ Sunday morning, we are connected to God.
Our night out with the boys and we are all hooked up to the world.  
Back and forth
Back and forth
 Back and forth.
"Good thing I installed the quick disconnect, I sure wouldn’t want any of my friends thinking I was radical about God!"
Oops, is it Sunday again already?
I get so confused with this back and forth!
Amen to that.
So do the people watching you who are trying to catch a glimpse of Jesus.
Here’s a novel idea; why don’t you jettison the quick disconnect and
REMAIN in His love!

No comments: