Friday, June 10, 2016

Only One You


Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:13-14)

My son loves to collects coins.  Over the years he has become very knowledgeable on what coins are worth a lot of money and which ones are not.

I recently asked him what the number one factor is in determining the value of a coin.  Without hesitation he said it was the number of coins made.  The fewer the coins in existence, the more valuable they are.

For example, there were about twenty-six million 1912P Liberty Head Nickels made. Today, such a nickel in perfect condition is worth about $20.

The very next year, only five 1913 Liberty Head Nickels were made.  Recently, just one of those nickels sold for 3.2 million dollars.

That’s one of the reasons why you are so valuable to God.  In all the world with its billions of people, there is only one you.

And when God created you, He didn’t just throw you together.  In verse 16, Psalm 139 goes on to say that He planned out all the days of your life before you were even born.

He thought about how He was going to weave together all your complex parts before He even started the process.  That’s how careful and precise He was.  Nothing about you is a mistake.

There is only one you in the whole world, and just like the coin collector who values that rare coin, you are extremely valuable to God.

No comments: