Monday, November 2, 2015

A New Way of Thinking

“for,
“Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so as to instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ.”
I Corinthians 2:16
 

If you are going to spiritually transform your soul then what you need to know is…you must exchange your old mindset for the new mindset of Christ.
Were you changed in an instant when you came to Christ?
Yes and No!
How’s that for an answer?
You were born again, you entered into eternal life.
But…you also entered into a process, a journey if you will, from the old man and his ways to the new man who is being changed from glory to glory into the image of Christ.
We are a work in progress.
The renewing of our minds that Paul speaks of in Romans is not instantaneous.
Nor is it accomplished with fairy dust and endless wishes.
It is a deliberate and intentional process that sometimes may seem painfully slow.
But the transformation God is after demands we renew our thoughts.
Renew them with what?
Old thoughts for new thoughts.
But what new thoughts?
Do I read the great philosophers or classic literature?
Do I steep myself in ‘higher’ leaning?
 Are the ‘new thoughts’ found in ‘New Age’ thinking?
No to all of these.
Here is what the Word of God tells me:
“I gain understanding from your precepts;
    therefore I hate every wrong path.”
Psalm 119:104
God’s Word renews my mind.
As I follow His Word my mind is renewed.
As my mind is renewed, as my thinking change; my behavior follows.
What a wonderful promise to hold on to!

No comments: