Tuesday, August 19, 2014

YOU are invited!

Today's blog post is contributed by Denise Friedman:


If you read my previous post, you will know that it was inspired by a song I was listening to as I wrote.  The next song that played was Come away with me, by Jesus Culture.  Here are the lyrics for this song.
Come away with me, Come away with me
It’s never too late, it’s never too late
It’s not too late for you
I have a plan for you
I have a plan for you
It’s gonna be wild
It’s gonna be great
It’s gonna be full of me
Open up your heart and let me in
 
God is inviting you today to come away with Him.  It is NOT too late.  Do not believe the lies the enemy may be whispering in your ear, or speaking through those around you.  God extends an open invitation. He wants you to come away with Him.  Note when you come away with someone, you usually have to leave things behind, you can’t bring everything you currently have with you.  There is sometimes security in what you currently have, or know, even if these things are not what is God’s best for you. It’s time to leave some of these things behind.
The next words are so full of hope and promise – God has a plan for YOU!  We have been reminded of this many times:  “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  God does not, cannot lie.  He has wonderful plans for you.  Yes, it will be wild and yes, it will be great, and yes, it will be full of HIM!
The only thing God asks is that you open your heart and let Him in.  I realize this may not be an easy request, so does He.  Our God of mercy and grace will be right there waiting for you – it’s not too late!
Will you accept this invitation?
 

No comments: