Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Where are we going?

Today's blog post is contributed by Denise Friedman:


This week God has reminded us we need to relentless pursue him, he has invited us and promised “it’s gonna be wild, it’s gonna be great.”  God continues to speak to us through worship songs.  The next song I heard as I was writing was Oceans, by Hillsong United.  I just love how God took us on this journey though worship songs!

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

We have decided to go with God, but often during this journey, we do not know where that may lead.  As the verse above indicates, we may be led into the great unknown.  During these times, we need to stand on our faith and call out to God, who has never failed us. 

How often do we ask God where He is taking us before we take the first step?  How often do we ask God, how long until we get there?  Are we almost there?  If you have traveled with children, you are very familiar with these questions!  Often, we are like children on a road trip.

Recently I had an experience similar to this.  I was called to do something which quite honestly scared me a bit.  As I was preparing to go, I asked God to give me a glimpse of what it would be like.  I was full of fear.  Yet, I trusted God and followed him.  It was an incredible experience.  I am so glad I didn’t let the enemy win at his attempt to prevent me from going. 

What is God calling you to do today?  Is it something that is a bit scary (or even extremely terrifying)?  Find encouragement in these lyrics from Oceans:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

No comments: