Monday, August 11, 2014

Will You Trust Him?

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
     a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
 
 
Change
Just uttering the word can send chills up some spines.
And the inevitability of it in all of our lives doesn’t make it an easier pill to swallow.
We’d rather avoid it – thank you very much!
But of course we can’t.
No one can.
From the simplest of changes to the life altering ones we more often drag our feet than embrace it.
Why is that?
What makes it so tough?
When it comes to the things of God and His plans, change ultimately becomes a question of trust.
Do I trust that God knows what He is doing?
Do I trust that He does indeed have good plans for me?
Why are His ‘good plans’ leading me down this hard road?
David framed His fear of change in a statement we all recognize:
“Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.”
I believe David’s words were inspired by the Holy Spirit (as was the whole of scripture) and that they speak to you and me today.
Are you facing some changes?
Move forward with the confidence that God is with you.
He will not be taken by surprise wherever He leads you.
What a wonderful rest and peace that brings to us!
One last question -
Will you trust Him with this change?
 

No comments: