Thursday, August 28, 2014

But, but . . .

Today's post has been contributed by Denise Friedman:






As soon as you have experienced the love of God in a life-changing encounter, you might immediately be filled with the following thoughts:

But how can God use me in this way with what happened in my past?  My background is going to prevent me from being successful.  God can’t use me because I am not perfect, in the past, I have . . .

But how can God use me in this way, I don’t know anything about . . . or I don’t know anything about how to . . .

But how can God use me in this way, look at me!  I could never accomplish this because I am too . . .(old, young, thin, fat)

But how can God use me in this way, I don’t have enough . . . (time, money)

The enemy will try to keep you focused on these four areas to rob, steal, kill and destroy all that God is trying to use you for to further His Kingdom on earth. 

Here are some responses for you to declare as soon as you feel these “but” statements creeping in.

Therefore, since we are now justified (acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ’s blood, how much more (certain is it that) we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God. (Romans 5:9 AMP)

I can do all things through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

So is my word that goes out from my mouth:  It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

No comments: