Monday, May 26, 2014

Take Your Hand off the “Pause” Button!

“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.”
John 16:13-14
 
 
God delights in speaking to you and me.
He is always speaking. But are we always listening?
Do we sometimes get so wrapped up with the ‘affairs of life’ that we cannot hear Him?
I believe we do.
We may even blame God at those times asking: “Why is God so silent”.
In fact, He is not silent.
We have our finger on the “pause” button as it were.
Through our own busyness, indifference or distractions we can silence the voice of God in our lives.
That is never His desire.
Employing the “silent treatment” is manipulative in marriage and it is also not something God uses with His children.
We create the barriers, we put our finger on the pause button by our actions and not the other way around.
Scripture is abundant with examples of God speaking to His people.
It is also abundant with examples of a silent heaven.
But the heavens are silent, not at God’s choosing, but through our own disobedience and unbelief.
Do you belong to God?
He wants to speak to you!
In eager anticipation, listen for His voice today.
 
Lord:
I come as your child.
You have said that your sheep know your voice.
Speak to me that I might know you better.
Help me to listen with that eager anticipation.
Like a young child waiting for their father at the end of the workday, I wait and I listen for your voice.
Thank you Lord.
I pray this in the matchless Name of Jesus
Amen!
 

No comments: