Thursday, May 29, 2014

Framing Our Prayers in Hope

“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great
and unsearchable things you do not know.”
Jeremiah 33:3
 
 
There are some ‘promises’ in life we have come to be skeptical about.
There are even some more humorous than factual.
We have learned to doubt rather than believe when we here things like:
“The check is in the mail.”
Or
“I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
Why?
Because those so called ‘promises’ have proven false time and time again.
But as we explore this topic of hearing from God there is one promise we can rely on.
Why?
Because it is no less than God Himself who makes that promise!
It is found right in the middle of today’s verse.
“…and I will answer you…”
The I AM says I will!
What a remarkable and precious promise from Him to anyone who calls to Him.
The promises of man sometimes leave us disappointed.
The promises of God never will!
So what is our obligation?
Call to me!
Call to your heavenly Father.
Believe enough to lift your voice to Him in prayer.
Expecting, knowing confidently that He will answer.
What a wonderful hope to frame our prayers with!
 

No comments: