Tuesday, June 11, 2013

One is Far Too Big and the Other is Far Too Little

“Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.”
 II Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If Gods’ power is available to the church why does so much of the church,
especially in America, live defeated lives?
Why does so much of the church look like the world around them instead of revealing the glory of the Sons of God?
Why does the worlds’ culture influence us instead of the other way around?
Maybe it’s’ because we try to live life in our own power rather than allowing the power of God to flow through admittedly weak vessels.
“Who are you calling weak?”
My point exactly!
We struggle just to get to the point of admitting weakness, let alone boasting about it!
Until we get to the point that we are willing to confess – “God, I can only do what you have asked me to do if you empower me. Without your power I can do nothing!”
That’s’ the point God waits for, that’s the point He steps in and fills us with more than enough of His power to accomplish His will.
You see, you cannot accomplish God’s will with your power.
One is far too big and the other is far too little!
I think you can figure out which is which.
Maybe America is closer to revival than we know because it seems in every area we have reached the limits of what we are capable of on our own.
It’s time to admit, no boast, in our weakness as a nation so that God can show Himself strong through the church in America.  
 Admitting weakness can be humbling, can’t it?
I will close today with a familiar verse that seems to fit well at this point –
“if my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
II Chronicles 7:14

No comments: