Thursday, June 13, 2013

Asking for What You Need

“What causes fights and quarrels among you?
Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?
You desire but do not have, so you kill.
You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight.
You do not have because you do not ask God.
When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives,
that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.”
James 4:1-3
 
 
You don’t get the resources of heaven until you openly confess your need for them.
I have known people who claim:
“Why should I tell God what I need, He already knows everything!”
Yes He does.
It’s true that there are no secrets before God but that does not excuse us from not bringing our petitions and needs to Him.
He listens to our prayers and answers.
Even our salvation is set in motion when we “…confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus…”
The power of our words and declarations cannot be denied.
We even see the power of Gods’ Words at work in creation when, over and over, it is recorded: “…and God said…”
Our words, in agreement with His Word, are a potent prayer to offer!
Don’t dismiss the opportunity for conversation with God.
He doesn’t dismiss us.
He hears and He answers.
Is there a condition?
Sure, we ask according to His will.
Lord:
I need the resources of heaven held in reserve for me that I might faithfully
serve in those areas you have called me too.
I come and ask that you would pour out on me the anointing
and the provision adequate to the task.
I ask that through my life you receive the glory and honor due your Name.
I come with the full assurance of a son adopted through the work of your Son.
It is in His Name,
The Name of Jesus Christ that I come to you now.
Amen!
 
 
 

No comments: