Monday, June 10, 2013

Boast in Your Weakness, Brag on God’s Strength

“Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.”
 II Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)
 
 
God’s power is manifested in human weakness, not strength.
Most of us, given a choice between weakness and strength, would choose strength hands down!
Yet our own strength makes no provision for Gods’ glory to be manifested.
Its’ simple:
Our strength = our credit
God’s strength = God’s credit
In other words I can boast in myself or I can boast in the Lord.
One teeny-weeny little problem though.
Yours and my power and strength are limited.
Gods’ is not.
He isn’t called omnipotent for no reason!
Still want to forge ahead in your own strength knowing that it won’t go the distance needed?
“Sure”, we say, “I can make it through!”
Maybe it’s time we recognized the foolishness of any strategy that relies on the arm of the flesh.
The sooner we abandon hope in ourselves alone the better.
God is able.
I am not.
That’s why Philippians 4:13 doesn’t say:
I can do all things!
The full quote shows us who we draw our strength from:
“I can do all things, through Christ who gives me strength!”
Surrender your weakness to Him who is strength.
Boast in your weakness.
Brag on God’s strength!

No comments: