Friday, June 12, 2015

The Answer is Always “Yes”

Today's blog post is contributed by David Trotta:


For in him every one of God’s promises is a “Yes.” For this reason it is through him that we say the “Amen,” to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

There’s a saying around my house – “Grandma always says “yes.”  Just ask my grandchildren.  Grandma (my wife) told them at a very young age that when they are at grandma’s house, whatever they want, the answer is always “yes.”

Whether it’s a piece of candy, extra glass of juice or a cookie, grandma always says “yes.”  Although the extra sugar intake is not always well received by their parents, my grandchildren love to take advantage of grandma’s promise when they come over.  And, they always ask confidently because they already know what the answer will be.  They have grandma’s promise.

When it comes to the many promises in God’s Word, He also always says “yes.”  We have His word on it.  And, it doesn’t just apply to a few of His promises.  2 Corinthians says every one of God’s promises is a “yes.”

Let your mind wander for a bit thinking about the many promises in God’s word.  Maybe Jeremiah 29:11 will come to mind - For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Or Matthew 11:28-29 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Or John 14:27 - “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”

Whatever the promise might be, believe boldly and ask confidently, because when it comes to God’s promises, the answer is always “yes.”

No comments: