Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Divine Humility

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.
Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,”
Philippians 2:3
 
 
Have you ever experienced someone else disrespecting you?
Maybe you thought to yourself,
“Just who do they think they are?”
Perhaps the offender was someone much younger.
Maybe it was someone you far exceeded in job experience and longevity.
As difficult as that episode may have been there is no comparison to the pride of a human heart that rejects the work done on the cross by Jesus to restore us to a place of communion with the Father.
But the Bible takes it even one step further and tells us of the humble nature of the Son in setting aside His divine nature and taking on the form of man.
God became man.
God, who created man, not only became a man we are told that he humbled Himself and became “…obedient unto death…”
He set aside His divinity.
He set aside His Honor, His glory, His power to die in our place.
No wonder we will live with Him in eternity.
All of eternity will be needed to begin to grasp that type of humility.
Do you understand that as we have become partakers of the divine nature – we too are to grow in that ‘divine humility’?
“Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. II Peter 1:4
What a promise!
Are you walking humbly with God and others?
Do you ask Him to refine you and remove all the pride that keeps you from doing so?
 
Father:
I ask for the help of your Holy Spirit to walk humbly before you.
May I put aside pride, arrogance and every ugly thing in me that would boast of my own flesh.
Continue you work in me to change me from glory to glory.
Let your hand so rest on me that I am quick to praise you for the change your Holy Spirit works in my life.  
This I pray in Jesus Name.

No comments: