Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Oh Happy Day!


“I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
Revelation 21: 2-4
 
Having a rough day?
Do you need a little bit of encouragement?
Life a little too overwhelming for you right now?
Let the words John wrote and that we have for our text today lift your spirit.
The church has a very bright future.
Just think about these words:
“They will be His people and God Himself will be with them and will be their God.”
Do you ever read the Gospels and think to yourself:
“I would love to have been alive and with the Lord when He walked the earth!”
Well, that day is coming and you will be more alive in His presence than you or I can fully appreciate right now.
I have His promise for today that He will never leave me, never forsake me but I also have this great hope for tomorrow that I – that you – will be with Him for eternity.
Oh Happy Day!
 
 

No comments: