Monday, January 12, 2015

The Measure of God’s Love

Todays blog post was contributed by Denise Friedman:

17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. – Ephesians 3:17-19

We have been learning about supernatural love, love that surpasses knowledge, as stated in the scripture above.  God has supernatural love for us.  It does not matter what we do or fail to do, He still loves us unconditionally.  This is the love we are striving to feel for others.  This kind of love can only be experienced, not taught. 
 

Let’s take a look at the measure of God’s love you have experienced.  Take some time this week to reflect on these questions:

Answer on a scale of 1 (no change at all) to 5 (radically different)

1.          God’s love has changed my perspective of life.

2.          God’s love has changed my opinion of myself. (Can I see the beauty God has created within me?)

3.          God’s love has changed my service to God. (Do I serve out of obligation or love?)

4.          God’s love has changed my obedience to the scriptures.

5.          God’s love has changed my demonstration of faith.

6.          God’s love has changed my demonstration of love for others.

When you answer honestly, you may not be satisfied with what you find.  Remember, the depths of God’s you have or have not experienced, do not make you a bad person.  If you want to move into a realm of supernatural love, you do need to be honest and ask God to do a work within in you.  If you spend time with God and allow him to work within you, your answers in one month will be very different than they are today!

Father, I ask all reading this entry today to have an encounter with you and experience your love like never before in the name of your son, Jesus, amen.

No comments: