Thursday, January 29, 2015

I’ve Got a Secret

“Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
John 14:21
 
 
Who do you share secrets with?
The cab driver on the way home?
Probably not.
The tale-bearer at work who cannot stop talking?
I don’t think so.
Most people share their deepest secrets with those they love, those they trust.
Read the scripture above again.
Do you see the link between obedience, love and revelation?
Our love of God is evidenced by our obedience to Him.
But Jesus also says that He will show himself to the one who loves Him.
The Revelation of Jesus Christ was given to the Apostle John.
John was also known as the Beloved Apostle.
What a wonderful confirmation of the verse we just read.
Jesus gave the revelation of Himself to the Beloved disciple John.
He will share His secrets with you too.
Do you pray and cry out for a greater revelation of God?
Then grow in your obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
As you do, you will find that God, through the Holy Spirit, reveals more and more to you.
By walking in obedience you reveal your love and God in turn reveals more of Himself.
All too often our idea of increased revelation is increased attendance at seminars, conferences and workshops.
Not that those things are wrong but they are no substitute for simple obedience.
Here’s a secret – but feel free to share it with everyone –
Do you want to know Him more?
Then obey Him more!

No comments: