Friday, January 23, 2015

Don’t Pass Jesus By










Today's challenging post is from David Trotta, let it speak to your spirit -












Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ (Matthew 25:37-40)








I remember recently pulling up to a stop light alongside a person holding a sign asking for money to buy food.  I saw the person from a distance and was hoping the light would stay green long enough for me to drive on by, but sure enough, the light turned red as I approached, so I had to stop.  I anxiously waited for the light to turn green, keeping my eyes fixed straight ahead so I didn’t have to look the person in the eye.  The light seemed to take forever, and the longer it took, the more uncomfortable I became.

Why did I feel this way?  Was it because I was wrestling with the conviction I felt inside for not reaching out to the person?  Was it because I didn’t want to engage in what was sure to be an uncomfortable conversation with a stranger?  Was it because I was in a hurry or too afraid?

Whatever the reason, I drove away while trying to convince myself that not stopping was the right thing to do.  But in reality, I missed an incredible opportunity to minister to my Savior.  Jesus said what we do for those in need, we do for Him. Jesus was standing there and I failed to recognize Him.

How about you?  Have you ever encountered someone in need, but continued on your way without stopping?

As we learned the last couple weeks, true unconditional, agape love won’t let us continue on our way.  It compels us to stop and act, regardless of the person or the cost.

After all, when we don’t stop, it’s really Jesus we are passing by.

No comments: