Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Unity of The Spirit

“Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
Ephesians 4:3

Yesterday we discussed the importance of unity and how Jesus prayed for his believers to be one in unity.
Jesus understood what unity was.
He was one with the Father and the Holy Spirit throughout eternity; with one momentary brake in that union when your sins and my sins were laid upon Him on the cross. You see sin breaks the union we have with God and it is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that sin is dealt with and that allows us to be one as He and His Father are one.
My sin impacts the rest of the body of Christ too.
We don’t care for that statement because we like to think “our” sin is private and personal. We tell ourselves that sooner or later we will deal with it. The truth is it is never really personal and private because God knows about it.
It is important to repent and to confess our sins to God without delay as we talked about some time ago.
If I really and truly want to see the Kingdom of God advanced in the earth and to see the local church I am a part of carry out the vision God has entrusted to her then I will learn to deal with my sin and not let it master me and hinder God’s work.

No comments: