Thursday, December 29, 2011

This is Sure Not the Answer I was Expecting!

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
Proverbs 3:5-6

Today I am sharing with you a brief portion of a testimony given on Christmas Day at ‘His Place’. Before you read it, let me ask you a question. Do you ever pray while convincing yourself as you pray that you know just how God will answer your prayer? Maybe, just maybe, God will indeed answer your prayer but in a way you had not considered. I know we have all heard the expression – “Don’t put God in a box”; but I think sometimes we ask and try to ‘hem God in’ by expecting He can only answer in a way that meets our expectations. Our verse for today begins with the word ‘trust’. Trust means God gets to answer how and when He chooses. Our role is to ask and then trust him. Read the testimony below and notice the unexpected way that God answered (yes, He did answer!) the prayer.

My perception of God is that He has a fantastic sense of humor. During a white-out snow storm early last winter, as I drove up a steep hill (after which I knew followed a sharp bend in the road) suddenly all the windows on my pickup fogged over making it impossible for me to see where I was going. I prayed a fast apology for not asking His protection before starting my trip, then pleaded that He protect me and those around me from harm. After which He quite gently parked me in a ditch!


Let’s determine to ask God as we need to and then to let
go of trying to let our imagination control how He answers!

No comments: