Thursday, December 15, 2011

Savior AND Lord

"But grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen."

How do you grow in the grace and the knowledge of Jesus Christ?
You add that four letter word from our scripture verse I omitted in my question to you.
You learn to make Him L-O-R-D!
He is indeed to be our Lord and Savior.
Too frequently we just stop after accepting Him as Savior.
He saves us from our sins by washing us in His precious blood which was shed on the cross for you and I. That is the work of grace we are willing to receive. But then I am asked to let go of my own desires, my own will and to walk in His plans for my life. That is a little bit tougher. Jesus never sugar coated what it meant to make Him Lord. Neither should we. His grace is sufficient for the task but we usually don't realize it because long before that grace is made evident in our lives we say: "So long - I didn't sign up for this!" Actually you did. You stepped out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Kingdom of Light. You left one kingdom behind and surrendered, not to any other human king but, to the "King of Kings and Lord of Lords".
I grow in this Kingdom by surrender.
I mature through sacrifice and service.
I advance through humbly honoring my brothers and sisters in Christ before myself.
I bow my knee to Jesus Christ as both savior and LORD!

No comments: