Thursday, July 16, 2015

Today

“This is the day the Lord has made, we will be glad and rejoice in it.”
Psalm 118:24
 
Sometimes we read the verse above and live the verse above in two different ways.
What do I mean?
Well, we read it as it is written but we can be guilty of living it as if it said:
 
This is the day the Lord has made, I will whine and complain about it.
I will rejoice and be glad in this day
As long as it continues going my way!
We spoke yesterday of the mindset that Jesus had.
He knew that His Father was with Him and that was true regardless of the circumstances.
Some days can be pretty rough for you and me.
But I have to admit I never have woken up and faced what Jesus faced.
Still, He could rejoice in His Father’s love.
His darkest moment came, not because of His own sin, but because He took my sin and your sin upon Himself.
You and I were not there with Him on the morning of that day but I know that I know that I know Jesus did not curse that day – He rejoiced in it as He had each day before.
God was in control – no need to fear.
God is in control – no need to fear.
God will be in control.
I put my trust in a loving and unchanging God.
Can you rejoice in this day too?
 
July 16, 2015 – This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!
 
 

No comments: