Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Different Citizenship

“Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My telling you,
 You must all be born anew (from above).”
John 3:7 (Amp)

 
Colonization: When citizens of one country inhabit a territory
for the purpose of establishing a kingdom within that territory.
Where is your citizenship?
Now some may ask me to clarify that question.
Fair enough.
Do you hold dual citizenship?
No, I am not asking if you are a citizen of two countries like the United States and Canada.
But I am asking if you were born in one country or kingdom
and born again into the Kingdom of God?
You see one is temporal and the other eternal.
I am a citizen of the United States of America.
But I am also a citizen of the Kingdom of God.
One day my citizenship in the US will cease when the US ceases to be.
The Kingdom of God will never cease.
I can bring the Kingdom of God to my spheres of influence now.
It is not a ‘...in the sweet by and by…’ work.
His life lived through me can bring the Kingdom today!
A Kingdom that has no end.
A Kingdom where God rules and reigns.
A Kingdom Jesus revealed through a life 100% surrendered to His Father.
A Kingdom of mercy, compassion, love, justice, truth and the list goes on and on.
A Kingdom where the fruit, the ‘produce’ if you will, are things like righteousness, peace and joy.
What a wonderful Kingdom to bring.
No wonder Jesus referred to it as the good news of the Kingdom.
But he said, "I must proclaim the good news of the
kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."
Luke 4:43
So let’s challenge ourselves daily with a couple of questions.
Where is your citizenship?
What kingdom culture are you living out?

No comments: