Friday, July 24, 2015

Like a Waterfall

Today's blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

But you, Lord, are a compassionate God, merciful and patient, with unending gracious love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15)

No matter how many times I see it, each time I visit Niagara Falls I marvel at its power and beauty.  It’s difficult to comprehend that an estimated 600,000 gallons of water flows over the falls every second without it ever running dry.  It just keeps flowing and flowing, year after year, decade after decade, century after century.

God’s love is like that.  It’s unending and never stops flowing and it’s directed straight at you.  And, here’s the wonderful part….nothing you do can stop it.  It isn’t dependent on anything you do or say.  It just flows, continually, because He is a compassionate, merciful and patient God.

I don’t know about you, but I want a compassionate, merciful, and patient God who has to look at me every day, because if He wasn’t all those things, I would be in big trouble and so would you.

So, the next time you struggle to believe that God loves you, blemishes and all, read the above verse out loud, especially the “unending” part.

God wants to sweep you off your feet today with a revelation of just how much He continually loves you.  What an incredible privilege to be loved by God!

But, it doesn’t end there.

The human body is a great conductor of electricity.  You know how it works.  If an electrical current is flowing into you and you grab a hold of someone, there’s going to be a whole lot of shaking going on.

As your understanding of how much God loves you grows, don’t keep it to yourself.  Grab a hold of someone and pass on that love through your acts of compassion, mercy and patience toward them.

As I was writing this, I was reminded of a popular song by Chris Tomlin…

Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Running wild and free
You hear my heart when I call, when I call
Deep calls, too deep
Your love is like a waterfall, waterfall
Raining down on me

No comments: