Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Bringing the Kingdom

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near.
Repent and believe the good news!”
Mark 1:15
 
 
 
Kingdom: a territory where the kings will, the kings culture, the kings values and the kings morals are lived out through the lifestyle of the citizens.
 
Think about that definition and then think about where you live.
Does that definition fit your neighborhood? Your city? Your region? Your nation?
Likely not.
But here is the real question we must ask if we are true disciples of Jesus Christ:
Do I bring the culture, values, morals and will of the King wherever I go?
Do I bring the Kingdom?
That is exactly what Jesus did.
That is also why He often made statements like this:
 
If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.”
Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
My meat is to do the will of the Father.”
I only do what I see the Father doing.”
 
Implied in that last statement from Jesus is a focus that is not on this world or its’ values, morals, culture or will, but instead His focus is on the Father.
Is the Father ordering your steps today?
His eyes are on you.
Are your eyes on Him?

No comments: