Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The “T” Word

 “But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.”
Jude 20-21

Boy, if yesterday’s word was hard to receive by many how much more so is today’s?
Few topics are more controversial than ‘praying in the spirit’ or ‘praying in tongues’.
The “t” word!
 I know this is not a topic everyone may agree with.
In fact, many may disagree vehemently but I believe in the scriptural admonition to pray in the Holy Ghost and the building up of my spirit that that prayer can bring.
I can build myself up in my faith as I pray in the Holy Ghost.
Of course, this blog is not intended to be a bible study so we will not look at all the evidence and all the scriptures to support it.
But I do encourage you to look at this topic on your own.
We are looking at those things that move us from milk to meat in our walk with God. Certainly, mature believers have learned to encourage themselves in the Lord.
They have learned to use all that God has made available to do that.
That includes fellowship, worship, study of the word and prayer.
That prayer includes praying with understanding and praying in the spirit.
When I pray in the spirit my mind does not comprehend but my spirit is built up.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I don’t know how to pray as I should.
At those times I have learned to pray in the spirit
Some may reject that because they do not understand it.
 But how many have fully understood God before they believed in Him?
The answer is no one.
 Our understanding is limited.
The Eternal, Omniscient and All-Powerful Creator is not
Trust Him as you build yourself up in the faith, praying in the Holy Ghost!

No comments: