Monday, July 16, 2012

“And In This Corner….!”

 “I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it.
 Indeed, you are still not ready.”
1 Corinthians 1:2


A wise trainer knows how much his fighter can handle.
He would not agree to be his trainer on Sunday and then on Monday schedule his new charge to fight for the World Heavyweight Title.
Even if the fighter were capable of holding his own in that match, the trainer has not had the time to learn that about him.
God is omniscient.
 God knows you better than you know yourself.
There is no better ‘trainer’ to have in your corner
Sometimes, you pray and ask God to put you in the ring to fight for the title.
Instead you find yourself sparring with opponents you thought were well below your capabilities.
Funny thing though, those opponents often win, and you discover something about yourself.
Do you know what that is?
You learn that God knows you better than you know yourself.
It was because of His mercy, that He did not answer your prayer to face the Goliath.
You just weren’t ready.
Instead, He gave you a bear and a lion to spar with first.
Often, when I was younger, and I got into trouble; my mother or father used to say
(maybe yours did too) that I had bitten off more than I could chew.
 Remember that expression?
I thought I was up to a task that I really wasn’t yet equipped for.
Spiritually, we need to progress from milk to solid food.
The next couple of days we will look at some things necessary in our lives in order for that to happen.
God has some Goliaths for you to take out in your future, but don’t miss the training that comes with the lions and the bears you currently face.

No comments: