Thursday, July 26, 2012

Caught by Surprise?

I the Lord do not change…”
Malachi 3:6a

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
Hebrews 13:8


Recently someone who has been praying with me concerning my employment shared something they felt God wanted me to know.
It was simply this: “You have not been this way before.”
I am in a place in my life and in my walk with God that is not familiar.
But while it may be an unfamiliar place to me it was, and is, I believe where God has me at this moment in time for His purposes.
How about you?
Have you ever faced something new or different in your life that caused you to wonder if God was in it and if He was where He was?
We were reminded this past Sunday of the verses printed above.
 You see, we may face circumstances, events, maybe even tragedies that we have not experienced before.
But that does not mean we are alone in them or that God has forgotten us.
God is eternal and unchangeable.
He had no beginning and will have no end.
We may struggle to comprehend that but it does not change the fact that it is true.
I can cast all of my care on Him with the confidence that, while the path I am walking right now is new to me it has not and will not take Him by surprise.
God is never caught by surprise!
I can commit my past, present and future to an unchangeable God.
How about you?

No comments: