Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Thank God for His Good Gift(s)!

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17
The Bible tells us, as you can read above, that all good gifts come from God.
I received a very good gift when I married my wife.
Today (7/3 as I write this) is her birthday.
 I hope you don’t mind that I use this blog to thank God for His very good gift to me!
But also to remind us not to take for granted the blessings that are in our lives, whether those blessings are people, talents or treasures.
It is, unfortunately, so easy to neglect the gifts closest to our heart because we become so accustomed to them being there every time we need them
If you are married, this is especially true for husbands and wives.
I appreciate the sentiment behind this quote from Ronald Reagan and have edited it just a bit by replacing his wife Nancy’s name with my wife Wendy’s name:

“I think it's all too common in marriage that, no matter how much partners love each other, they don't thank each other enough. And I suppose I don't thank Wendy enough for all that she does for me. So, Wendy, in front of all your friends here today, let me say, thank you for all you do. Thank you for your love. And thank you for just being you.”

Would you take the time today to say thank you to God for someone or something you have taken for granted far too often?
Let us model the thankfulness of Christ to those around us by not neglecting the precious and good gifts He has given to us!

No comments: