Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It’s Not Always Someone Else

I will listen to what God the Lord says…”
Psalm 85:8a

Have you ever heard a message delivered on Sunday morning and thought to yourself -

“This really has no application in my life but boy could so-and-so afford to hear this! They are so messed up and so childish sometimes, I just don’t know why I bother calling them a friend. They should hear this today but they never will because they are just too bull headed”

We become so pre-occupied with everyone else’s faults that we effectively rule out the distant, remote, infinitesimally tiny, miniscule possibility that maybe; just maybe, we may need some corrective words or discipline in our own life.

Nah, couldn’t be
It really is them and not me.

I’m willing to admit my mistakes
But when it comes to sin, I always put on the brakes

You see I am mature and perfect in most every way
But them, they fall short day after day after day.

But,
The word brings instruction to one so proud.
Be careful when vanity causes boasting out loud.

Restore a brother gently when he falls down.
Lest you are overtaken too and look like a clown!

So what’s the point?
Don’t be so quick to point the finger at someone else.
God knew you would be there today to hear the message and, the last I knew, His word has great value to each and every one of us.
If you’ve heard the passage a hundred times, listen carefully to it the one hundred and first time and maybe, just maybe, God will have some pearl of wisdom hidden in the message just for you!

No comments: