Monday, March 24, 2014

Show and Tell


Show and Tell
 
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
   I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
 
“Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion;
    proclaim among the nations what he has done.”
Psalm 9:1,11 
 
Do you remember “Show and Tell” in grade school?
Maybe you brought a favorite toy and told the rest of the class about it.
Perhaps mom and dad trusted you with a family heirloom to share.
You stood before the class and shared with others what you treasured most.
I don’t ever remember show and tell in my school years being conducted by a mime.
We displayed and we talked.
Some people will have you believe that you never have to speak to share Christ.
They will say – “I just let my light shine and people will seek Him because of it.”
Funny thing – God gave us His Word and His prophets.
His Word and His prophets continue to speak to this day.
He didn’t create the earth and think to Himself – that’s all they need to know me.
(Though, as scripture declares, it certainly does reveal Him)
He took it one giant step further – He sent His Son to further reveal Himself to us.
Jesus didn’t “mime” His way through life.
Like David, He opened His mouth to tell of His Father in heaven.
Yes He revealed Him by the life He lived but He also told of Him with words.
There will come a time in every believer’s life when you will be called as a ‘witness’ to testify of Gods’ goodness to you.
At those times the court will not be humored by a mime.
Open your mouth and proclaim among the nations what He has done!  
 
 

No comments: