Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Send Those Evil Thoughts Packing!

“Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said,
Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?”
Matthew 9:4
 
You’ve recognized the source of the thought.
You’ve refused the thought based on that source.
But then the delivery man we spoke about won’t go away.
He is persistent about you receiving what he has.
“Look lady, I’m just doing my job. I have a package for you and I intend to deliver it!”
So now the big ugly ‘goon of a thought’ is insistent on entry.
You know it is not a thought you want to entertain, so how do you resist?
 
You resist with the shield of faith!
“…take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish
all the flaming arrows of the evil one.”     Ephesians 6:16
You retaliate against the evil thoughts with the Word of God!
“Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written:
‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”
Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.” Matthew 4:10-11
You reiterate the truth through your confession!
“My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the meditation
   of my heart will give you understanding.” Psalm 49:3
 
It is a discipline, to be sure, but as you follow these steps you will send
the delivery man with his unwelcome thoughts packing!
 

 

 

No comments: