Monday, March 17, 2014

“Be aware of your surroundings!”

Note:
In the past I have had two contributors to this blog - David Trotta and, more recently, Denise Friedman. I have asked them both to contribute two blogs each this week in order to hear what God is speaking to them from today's message. I know you will be blessed. Today's blog is contributed by Denise Friedman.

"Be aware of your surroundings..."
Typically these words of advice are passed along from a parent to a child to help ensure the child stays safe.  As Christians, how often are we aware of our surroundings?  I am not referring to our physical surroundings; we typically have an idea of the safety of areas we travel, and hopefully avoid areas which might cause us harm. 

Let’s consider our surroundings as it relates to us personally, relationally with God and consider ourselves internally.  Who or what resides within you?  If you are a Christian, you have this assurance, found in Revelation 3:20:

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Yes, we can rest in the knowledge that if we have been born again, Christ resides within us!    What exactly does that mean for us?  Paul answers this question in Ephesians 3:16-18:

 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

When you receive Christ into your life, you are established in Christ’s love.  Do not let the enemy try to deceive you.  Jesus loves you!  My prayer for you is that God reveals to you just how “wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” 

Be aware of your surroundings today – be cognizant of the fact that Jesus Christ lives in all who are born again. How will this change your actions today.

No comments: