Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In Trouble?


In Trouble?

 

“Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.
Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea,
I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.
 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.
 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.”
II Corinthians 11:23-28
 
 “To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
Colossians 1:27
 
There is no doubt, wouldn’t you agree, that Paul was in a lot of trouble. But Paul understood that what was most important was not what he was in – but rather – who was in him!
So I ask the question: Who is on the inside of you?
Our number one point today – our starting block – the Chief Cornerstone of our faith,
that sure foundation on which He builds all the rest is this:
In the believers heart is Jesus Christ.
Are you a believer?    
Then who is on the inside of you?
Jesus lives in our heart.
 “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,”  
may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,”
 Ephesians 3:16-18
It is only when Christ is in us that we can even begin to fathom the depth of His love for us!
Inside of every believer – in spite of whatever troubles they might be in – is Jesus Christ.
God is with you in your troubles.
He is in you, alongside you and over you as you remain in Him!
Do you believe that?
I pray His Words will both strengthen and encourage you today regardless of the trouble you may find yourself in for His sake!
In trouble but still In Christ!

No comments: