Friday, March 15, 2013

O Happy Day!

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
 he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.
Psalm 40:1-3
 
As you learn to wait patiently on the Lord; God gives you a testimony.
God gives you something to say.
Singing, often is an indication of a contented heart.
I know there are plenty of songs of hopelessness and despair but here the ‘new song’ spoken of by the Psalmist is given to the one who has learned to wait patiently on the Lord.
It is a new song, it is not the same old song and dance, so to speak.
It is a song that breathes new life into you.
It is a creative song from the hand of a creative God. 
The Word tells me that He puts that song in my mouth.
It isn’t so much a song in my heart as a song in my mouth.
What’s the difference?
It is a song to be sung not just held onto and tucked away only in the recesses of my heart.
It is a word to be declared.
It is fresh manna for my daily bread but it is also encouragement to my brothers and sisters.
Not yesterdays’ stale crumbs, I have a new song, a new word, a new testimony put in my mouth by God.
It is in my mouth that I might taste it, but it is also in my mouth to declare it to others.
I have waited patiently on Him and He has filled my mouth with a song.
O Happy Day!
 
 

No comments: