Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A ‘Face-to-Face’ With God!

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1
 
Waiting patiently on the Lord gets Gods attention!
The word turned is the word inclined in the KJV.
He turned to me.
God is inclined toward me.
He leans in my direction.
Patiently waiting on God gets’ His attention.
Maybe you think it is irreverent to express it in this way.
David didn’t.
He needed Gods attention and discovered that as He drew near to God in patient waiting,
God turned to him.
Doesn’t it annoy you when you are talking to someone and they turn away from you – perhaps pre-occupied with other (more important) things?
It is as if you do not have their full or undivided attention.
It’s irritating because we want to be heard.
I had an audiology appointment a week and a half ago and as part of that appointment I was given a sheet of information and told to share it with my wife and family.
It was titled: The “New Ten Commandments”.
It was meant for the family of those suffering from hearing loss but one of the commandments in particular caught my eye (instead of my ear!).
It said:
“Thou shalt speak face to face at all times!”
God is not hard of hearing.
Sometimes however, you and I are.
God turns to us as we wait patiently on Him and He gives us His undivided attention.
You see, I matter to God and you matter to God.
Do you want to get His attention? 
Do you want to hear His words to you?
Do you want Him to turn to you?
Wait patiently for Him!
He is our Father and He loves us!

No comments: