Thursday, March 14, 2013

God Has a Calvary, Not a Cavalry that Rescues!

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1
 
                                      
 
 
 
As I wait patiently on the Lord, He hears my prayer.
Now I think we’ve settled the question that God is not hard of hearing so the point of this portion of the verse is that we cried to Him and He heard our cry.
We didn’t carry on a casual conversation.
We don’t brag, boast, manipulate, bargain, threaten or whine.
We cried to Him.
The Hebrew word for cry in this Psalm is sheva.
This means mourning or sorrow and connotes a passionate plea being made to God, not simply the exchange of words.
A desperation born out of our circumstances but not desperation that claims to have all the answers. 
This is crying out to God to hear my plea as I wait patiently on Him.
The reward simply is this – as I cry out to God, He hears me.
My cry is not falling on deaf ears.
My words are not rising to the ceiling only to fall back down on me. 
There is an assurance that He hears my prayers.
The impatient man or woman rushes into Gods’ presence makes a few panicked demands and leaves. Then they are disappointed and claim God is deaf to them.
What other rewards can we expect for waiting patiently on the Lord?
Verse two says:
“He lifted me out of the slimy pit, Out of the mud and mire…”
As I wait patiently on the Lord, He rescues me!
Have you ever needed to be ‘lifted’ up?
Wait on Him!
Have you ever needed to be rescued?
Wait on Him!
Have you ever found yourself in a situation for which you see no way out?
Wait on Him!
Have you been in the midst of a crisis and as you wait patiently on God, He turns to you, He hears your cry and He lifted you up?
 He lifts you out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, you have found yourself in.
Sometimes we hear the expression ‘slippery slope’.
It speaks of a course of action which, once taken, leads to additional actions until some undesirable consequence results. Our own actions (most often interpreted S-I-N) may set us on that slippery slope where we find ourselves ending up in the slimy pit with no way of rescuing ourselves.
We must rely on someone else to rescue us.
God rescued us.
He lifted us up out of the mud and mire we found ourselves in, out of the slimy pit we could not rescue ourselves out of.

http://youtu.be/qHiZ3KPxD-Q

 

No comments: