Friday, March 30, 2012

God’s Love is Beneficial



“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever
believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16

Beneficial: 1. productive of benefits; advantageous; favorable. 2. Receiving benefit.
I don’t think it should take you very long to answer this question:
Have you been the recipient of the favorable, advantageous and beneficial love of God?
Not sure?
Do me a favor -
Breathe in.
Now breathe out.
You have just experienced the beneficial love of God.
What do I mean?
Well, He breathed into us the breath of life.
The very fact that you are alive is a result of His favor, His beneficial love for you.
Listen to what Acts 17:24, 25 declares concerning this:
“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.
So, if we realize that our very breath is a result of His love then the list of benefits we could generate going on from that point would, no doubt, become quite long.
If I am looking for a job, sooner or later the topic of benefits will come up between me and the potential new employer. We weigh those benefits, along with the wages offered to make a decision.
Here is something to think about.
The bible tells me that the wages of sin are death.
My ‘sin wages’ earn me death!
Apart from God I don’t even make it to the benefits discussion of life.
Now do you understand better how beneficial the love of God is?
Not only does He breathe into me life, He gives me His abundant, favorable, advantageous love!

No comments: