Monday, March 26, 2012

Limited or Limitless?



“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8:38-39


What is your view of the love of God?
How do you see it?
Is the love of God limited or limitless?
Many may answer that it is limitless but then they live as if it is limited.
We can’t fathom a love that has no limits or we say that God will one day judge sin, as if to imply that He must suspend His love to mete out justice.
Love is not an either/or proposition for God.
God is love.
It is who He is.
It is what He is.
He is not “sometimes” love or “occasional” love.
His love is not moody, fickle or conditional.
His love does not change based on our condition.
He does not love us less when we are less than lovely.
That’s another thing about the love of God; it shows no partiality.
Sometimes, I am only loved by others when I “measure up” or perform to their criteria.
They, or I, can withhold love, using it like a weapon.
My love can have limits that I can put in place.
Only when I am filled with the love of a God
whose love has no limits can I love as He does.
That love for me is not a “once-for-all-time” fill-up. Just as we fill our cars’ tank with gas when it runs low we must continually be filled with God’s love to minister in that love to others.

Read again the verses above from Romans and ask yourself a question:
Are you convinced of His limitless love?

No comments: