Monday, March 5, 2012

What is the Best Way to Honor Gods’ Word?



“I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!”
Psalm 138:2 (Amplified)

With knowledge comes responsibility.
When we are made aware of the truths of God we are expected to obey them.
We do not hear the Word preached to us and taught to us so that when the service is over we can simply stroll up to the Pastor and say:
“Great message today, I managed to stay awake the whole time!”
Such an attitude disrespects (that seems like such an inadequate word) all that God, through the Holy Spirit, desires us to know and do.
Don’t walk away from your computer today and say –
“Well, I guess I am not supposed to encourage the Pastor!”
That is not my point.
Rather it is understanding and responding to the value that God places on His word.
More to the point might be this question:
Do you honor His word as He honors His word?
The verse from Psalms quoted above puts it in perspective for us.
God has magnified His word above His name.
Do we still want to trifle with what we have been taught?
Maybe you think that is a little hard to hear but I assure you that it is easier than hearing: “Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:23
We were reminded today that the word translated “evil” in that verse is not necessarily addressing devil worshippers but those who disregard the commands of the LORD. Sometimes that is me.
I miss it sometimes and fail to obey what I know to do from His word.
So what do I do?
I confess.
I repent.
I move forward with God, committing to honor and obey His Word.
The best way I know to honor His Word is to obey His Word!
As we look at this topic this week ask God to show you, through the revelation of the Holy Spirit, areas where you have not honored and obeyed His Word so that you can make it right.

No comments: