Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Something Greater in Our Walk

“I tell you that something greater than the temple is here.”
Matthew 12:6
 

 
Many, many years ago while serving in the military I had the opportunity to visit a local church in Naples, Italy.
While I could not understand the words I knew instantly when they began to sing that I was with believers.
You see, Jesus was there.
He is greater than any language barrier.
He is greater than any cultural barrier.
He is greater than any music style.
He is greater, as today’s verse reminds us, than any building.
About seven years ago I was blessed to pray with a Pastor and his wife in Davao City in the Philippines. We were standing on land that was cleared for their soon to be constructed church building.
Though I have seen pictures now of the completed building I tell you for sure that the most precious part of that night was that the Spirit of the Lord was already in our midst.
We did not need those four walls and a ceiling to be in His presence.
He was, and still is today, that something greater in our midst.
Don’t get caught up on the peripherals in your walk with Christ.
Don’t allow those things to define your relationship with Him.
Buildings will come and go.
Leaders will come and go in our lives.
We can certainly appreciate them when God brings them but never to the point that they become the something greater.
May He always remain so in your life!

No comments: