Monday, October 6, 2014

Even in the Wilderness

“When you, God, went out before your people,
    when you marched through the wilderness,”
Psalm 68:7
 
My Lord knows the way through the wilderness
All I have to do is follow…
I’m reaching way back for the lyrics to that chorus.
But the words have present day relevance for us.
He DOES know the way.
We do not.
A wilderness experience is seldom a joyous time.
But it also is not always because of disobedience.
Jesus was led into the wilderness by the Spirit to be tempted of the devil.
It was not disobedience, but rather obedience, that landed Him where He was.
There is no place in all of creation that I can go where God will not be with me.
Remember David’s words?
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; …”
He is with us there.
Listen to these words from Psalm 139: 7-12
 
“Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
 
Are you in a wilderness today?
He is there with you there.
Let that comfort, strengthen and encourage you as you walk through the wilderness!
 
 

No comments: