Tuesday, October 14, 2014

“It’s All Your Fault, God!”

“A person’s own folly leads to their ruin,
    yet their heart rages against the Lord.”
Proverbs 19:3
 
 
 
Have you ever blamed God for a situation you put yourself in?
I would guess most all of us have.
We move quickly to do something we never heard God tell us to do and when it fails to prosper we start complaining to God!
These are all things we might say in the midst of our self-inflicted trouble:
“Woe is me.
Why is this happening to me.
God, it’s all your fault.
I was only doing what you told me to do.”
These aren’t even original complaints.
We have read a similar indictment against God being spoken by Adam way back in the Garden…
“The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
Genesis 3:12
“It’s as if he were saying – “See God, I’m not really to blame – you are!”
We are such copy cats aren’t we?
So how do we know when it’s our own fault?
Look at today’s verse again.
The fruit of our own folly is ruin.
That is not the fruit of a life obedient to God.  
We know that His plans and His purposes for us ae good.
They do not lead to our ruin.
The next time you are tempted to lift a fist toward heaven and rage toward God look back at what His direction was.
Did He truly lead you?
If it is leading to your ruin the honest answer has to be no!
The good news is He can redeem your life from destruction – even the destruction you set in motion – when you repent and call upon His name.

No comments: