Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Keep Marching!

“You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God,
you will receive what he has promised.”
Hebrews 10:36
 
Giving up can be so easy.
But when you are running the race set before you – easy doesn’t win it!
Perseverance does!
During seasons of transition, as our church is experiencing now,
the temptation to quit can be even greater.
“Too much change, why put in the effort” we say as we lick our imaginary wounds.
Yet this is the very season to press on and not give up.
I want to share with you an impression/vision from the Lord that
one of the ladies at His Place received this past Sunday
 
I felt the bottom of my shoes sticking to the ground as if I had gum on the bottom of them or the floor was sticky.  I felt God impressing on me that we are entering into a season of perseverance and building our endurance.  I felt the Lord say,  "This army needs to keep marching. Even if it seems you're not moving. Keep marching in place."  If we stop marching, our feet will get stuck.  I, then,  felt like we were riding a bike.  We are to keep pedaling until God leaves us breathless.
Heidi  S
 
“…Even if it seems you’re not moving…”
Perseverance is most necessary when you are walking into the wind –
not when the wind is at your back!
Perseverance is most necessary when the test is the greatest.
Maybe you feel like your feet are sticking to the ground.
Keep marching.
Perhaps it’s like running in loose sand.
Don’t stop – keep marching.
Can you hear the cadence call of heaven?
Keep marching saints! -

No comments: