Friday, October 24, 2014

Never In My Wildest Dreams

Today's blog post is contributed by David Trotta:


Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]
(Ephesians 3:20 - Amplified Bible)

Have you ever dreamed about God using you in a great way, only to have the very next thought go something like this - “that would be really cool, but I’m too ordinary for God to ever use me like that.”

Well, I’ve got news for you!  God wants to do superabundantly more than you can ask or think and go infinitely beyond your biggest dreams.  God is so big that even our dreams and imagination can’t contain what He has in store for us.

We’ve all been surprised in our lives.  At some point, I’m sure we’ve all uttered the phrase “I never saw that coming” or “I would not have expected that in a million years” or “Never in my wildest dreams did I think that would happen.”

God wants to surprise us like that, and as we surrender to Him, He will do just that. 

I bet not in his wildest dreams did Gideon ever imagine defeating an army of tens of thousands with a band of 300 warriors.  I bet Moses never saw that coming as he stood in front of a parting Red Sea.  I bet Peter never thought he would walk on water, not in a million years.

God chose to surprise ordinary people like Gideon, Moses, and Peter by performing extraordinary acts through them, and He wants to do the same through us.

The next time you doubt that God can bring to pass a dream or desire He put in your heart, meditate on the above verse.  Then step out in obedience and wait in expectation for God to blow your hair back.  He will leave you saying “never in my wildest dreams…”

No comments: