Friday, December 9, 2016

Upside Down is Right Side Up


Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:


“And the Lord said, ‘Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.’” (Luke 22:31-32)


My wife recently expressed a desire to put up an upside down Christmas tree this year during the holidays.  A what??? you ask.  That’s right, an upside down Christmas tree.  I guess its new fad.

Anyway, against my better judgment (what do I know), I agreed to hang an upside down Christmas tree from our ceiling in the dining room.

To my surprise, after my wife finished decorating it, the tree came out quite beautiful.  It grows on me more and more each day.  It is unique, a real eye catcher.  I am enjoying it more than our traditional Christmas tree.

Sometimes it feels like our lives are upside down and we can’t see how any beauty will come out of such a difficult time, but hang in there, God has a plan.  He is a master at creating beauty from ashes.

Desperate times call for desperate trusting.  Jesus, our High Priest, is interceding for you so that your faith shall not fail.

God is doing something wonderful in you.  It may not be in the traditional sense or the way you expect it, but the end result will be beautiful.

Your upside down may just be God’s right side up.

And when it’s over, God will use you to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to others.


1 comment:

Crows said...

Profound point to rememeber in the hard times. Thank you.