Friday, October 28, 2016

It’s a Win-Win!


“For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.”

I Peter 1:24-25




At first reading the verses above may seem a little bit discouraging but let me suggest to you a healthy and encouraging way to read and understand them.

Allow these verses to shape your focus.

What do I mean by that?

If I were to have other people as idols in my life, no matter how good and wonderful they may be, I must understand that they too are part of that phrase

 “...all people...”

But if I honor the Word of the Lord through my life I am placing my hope on that which endures forever and not on anyone who withers and falls.

It puts those verses in proper perspective.

There are men and woman in my life that I honor and esteem.

But I understand their frailty and their imperfections.

They cannot replace the Word of God.

Oh, and by-the-way, remember this:

“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us...”

John 1:14a

When I honor His Word, I am honoring His Son who was the Word made flesh and when I honor Jesus Christ I honor His Word!

It’s a win-win!

No comments: