Friday, October 21, 2016

Eye Catcher




Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

Thus says the Lord; “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest?  All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the Lord.  But this is the one to whom I will look; he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.”  (Isaiah 66:1-2)

Have you ever been mesmerized by something that catches your eye?  Maybe a beautiful sunset or a breathtaking view of the ocean?  You know, something that causes you to pause and take a long look?

A couple years back, while flying over Salt Lake City, Utah on a clear day, I was mesmerized by the Wasatch Mountains that stand guard over the city. Being from upstate New York, I haven’t had the opportunity to see mountains like that.  It was pretty impressive.

Did you know that there is something that catches God’s eye, something that makes Him stop and take notice?

The above verse says “But this is the one to whom I will look; he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.”

The largest of mountains, the mightiest of oceans or even the stars in the universe do not impress God.  After all, heaven is His throne and the earth is His footstool.

But, there is one thing that He can’t turn away from – a gentle, submissive heart that cherishes His every word and understands its emptiness apart from God.

Does the attitude of your heart catch God’s eye?

To God, much of what He created is ho-hum, but one thing that He never gets tired of looking at is a humble and contrite heart.

No comments: